hey Momma,
You've moved on to a better place today Mom, you're safe with God now. This is harder than ever imaginable. Somehow having you there beside me writing the other entries gave me strength to do it, like I still had hope. I know you're still with me, but somehow this one is so much harder now that you're in Heaven. This entry is going to be more personalized from me, as we all have different emotions right now.
You never did awake from your sleep, just as the nurses and doctors expected. We all stayed with you again last night. I stayed up and held your hand the entire night, fell asleep partially on your bed with you at one point. I couldn't let go of your hand, because I knew that there was going to be one point that I wouldn't be able to feel its warmth again. A couple times we thought you were close to leaving us, and we would gather around you and let you know that it was okay. Over and over again we would tell you that we're going to be alright, you can let go now and go to God, and how much we love you. And each time, you would breathe out a little louder. We knew that you were trying to tell us something. As the night and morning went on, your breaths became shorter and more shallow, as if you were gasping for air. No one could believe how long you were holding on, I knew you were waiting for something.
The last 2 hours, your gasping became much louder, and we knew you were near. Then the hospital chaplain came in, and a sense of calmness entered the room. We all stood around you and began to pray. I cried a little at first, but they were almost tears of comfort, that I knew you were about to be in a better place, and I was certain that you were going to God. As the father blessed you and we prayer over you, your breaths began to calm, and you began breathing silently once again, like you were finally at peace. A few minutes later you took your final breath, and joined our other loved ones in Heaven. We knew that's what you were waiting for, to be sent to Heaven in that way. I bawled Mom. But I know you were there with me. I've never felt that feeling before, knees giving out and feeling like I'm going to suffocate in my own weeping.... just couldn't let go of your hand. I have so much love for you Mom, and it just poured out of me. While so painful to bear, I would not have wanted you to pass any other way, you were so peaceful.
We all held eachother for a while, pulled together for you Mom. I think you'd be really proud of us. Our sadness cannot be explained in words, we just keep saying how we still can't even believe it, you went downhill so fast. We went from thinking you had at least 2 months, to a couple weeks, to only hours (all three predictions came in 2 or three days consecutively). and somehow managed to keep a positive outlook through it all. Your strength is absolutely incredible Mom. I just keep reading emails and texts we sent back and forth that I've saved, where you assure me that you're all positive-minded, and staying strong for us, and how it's in God's plan, that everything happens for a reason. These are such comforting thoughts now. I could have recognized this on my own, but hearing it from you reassures me that everything is going to be okay, and that you weren't scared.
Mom, I know you're here by my side. But I just want you to know how much I'm going to miss you. I can't even imagine right now how I am going to live the rest of my life without you here on Earth. 21 years with you is just not long enough. I don't want to be apart from you. I'm so afraid I'm going to forget all the little details about you someday that I am so familiar with now. It breaks my heart that you won't physically be there and see me through all that I plan to accomplish in life. I won't have you here to talk to me on the phone between each class, email eachother throughout the day, get advice for any possible obstacle I run into, help plan my wedding one day, be there with me when I start a family, hold my hand when I need comfort. All of these things run through my head and it hurts so bad. All the things mothers and daughters are supposed to do together. I just can't fathom the fact that you're not here anymore. It's suffocating to think about, I hope this pain goes away sometime because right now it feels everlasting. Please be with me Mom, I need you so bad and I need your strength right now. People keep telling me I'm going to be just like you, and I really hope that's true, because you were an incredible woman. No words explain the person you were, and that shows through all of us kids.
Just know that I think about you constantly. Everywhere I look, everything I do, I see your face. All the little things you've said to me in the past few months have really stuck with me, gives me something to hold onto. The necklace you got me the Christmas you were fighting breast cancer is always around my neck, and brings me so much comfort. The blanket that was laying over you while you passed is also comfort, along with your texts, emails, and voicemails I've saved from you. I'll write you more later Mom, I just can't find all the words to express myself right now. I have this void in my life now, and it hurts so bad. I do find peace in that you are no longer suffering, and you are in a better place.
I love you SO much Mom, please be here with me and the rest of the family.
...Taylor Swift's "Best Day" says it perfectly,
Now I know why all the trees change in the fall,
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong,
And I love you for giving me your eyes,
Staying back and watching me shine,
and I didn’t know if you knew,
So I’m taking this chance to say that I had the best day with you, today.
Love you, Megan
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Megan, words can't even begin to express the sadness that I feel reading these entries.. the beautiful words that you wrote about your Mom made me cry myself, and I never even met her but I already know she was an extraordinary person. And along with everyone else, I'll be praying for you and your family, God will help you through this. Stay strong!
ReplyDeleteErika
So now its my turn. Mom, in the 15 short years i got to spend with you here on earth were great. I can promise you that we had more memories together than most parent and kids have together during a longer amount of time. Last night the 24th when we thought it was time, i took of my necklace and crucifix and put it under your pillow. I truly believe that Jesus being under your pillow prolonged your life to the point were Father Fred could come pray for you. I held your hand and watched your chest rise and fall. I could not take my eyes off. I sat there and watched each breath get softer. i then looked onto your face and could tell that you just wanted to give us all another hug and remind us of how much you loved us. but thats ok because i know how much you love me. After you passed away i took my necklace and crucifix out from underneath of you pillow and put it back on. And it is on to stay. the crusifix laying on my chest feels like your warm hand comforting me. I always had a closer relationship with you, more than most mother and son relationships. I was always mommy's little boy, and it will remain that way, even when i get to come live enternity with you in heaven.
ReplyDeleteToday i meant dr. boyle for the first time. And I now understand why you adored him as a doctor. And i was finally able to forgive him, because i know thats what you would want. You never did like when i said i hate someone. And that is why not one person dislikes you.
You are defenitly in a better place now. If you dont mind i ask that you say hi to shirly, grandpa, aunt mary, uncle paul, and the rest of the fam and give them a kiss for me. I know that shirly was waiting at the gates ready to spoil you again. and i know that grandpa had the table set and ready to play some pinacle. And god met you early i hope he saw how great of a person you are. you and grandpa are going to have him howling. Now you and micheal j can do the moonwalk together. and you shirly and farrah can help scientist find a cure for cancer.
Mom i want to ensure you of the promise i made you the other day. i still promise and always promise to make you proud. I am going to go on to live a great life and do everything for you mom. mom you are the apple of my eye. and in return i wish that you will be there in my soul when i graduate high school, and college. and when i hear that ringing in my ear as i get my diplomeas i know that will be you screaming at the top of your lungs "way to go tyler". and please be there for me when i get married and allow me to have a kid that is strong and as a great as you are. allow me to look into my kids eyes and see you.
Mom i love you and i will never forget a single thing about you. i will always remember your beautiful face and calming voice that i got to cherish for 15 years. Mom no matter how many times i say i love you, you will never know how much i really love you. I would do anything to have you back for just one day. This world will not be the same without you.
I know you will tell everyone in heaven about your three wonderful kids and wonderful husband.
Love you so much mom
Tyler
Aunt Kathi, I know you couldn't be prouder right now to have 3 wonderful children. I have been in and out visiting you this last week and to see Kyle, Megan and Tyler by your side with so much love, determination and strength is more than a mom could ever ask for. Uncle Rod has been a rock by your side and there for you and for the kids. It is so hard to understand why this all happened so fast but we know you are not in pain and in a better place.
ReplyDeleteYou have been a wonderful aunt and an even better great aunt to Carter and Lawson. You would even would take off work to watch Carter if I need you. I always thought you would be sitting next to me and cheering as Carter and Lawson started their sports careers I know you will be there watching with grandpa so I guess I'll just have to be a little bit louder (if you can believe it) for you. Carter will always be pumpkin pie and I know you know how much he loved you. We all love you and will miss you very much.
Love,
Tally, Rodney, Carter and Lawson
My Dear Kathi ––Through this I continually prayed for a miracle but when God said not this time, even then it was you who made accepting that easier. I am so glad you are at peace, but my pain is immense as I miss you so. But I realize that only because I had the privilege of knowing and loving someone so incredibly wonderful could I have such pain. Some people go through their whole lives and never meet someone as fantastic as you – so I feel extremely blessed and grateful that you have been in my life. Thank you for being a tremendous sister-in-law, inspiration, and friend. My heart goes out to Rod, Kyle, Megan, and Tyler – I know you are so proud of them and would be even prouder to know how they have stayed by your side through all of this. I know they will be fine because you and Rod have always put family first and through this, they have the closeness, courage and strength that will sustain them – I love them all more than they can imagine!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Vickie “Fay”
Megan, shine each day with the memory and spirit of your mom... in this way, she will never be forgotten. I can't put into words the sorrow I feel for you & your family, but I know I will never forget her and her story. She has inspired so many people and believe it or not, you're doing the same. You are so strong and determined, Megan. My family is here if you guys ever need anything. Keep your strength girl, this will continue to make her proud everyday! <3 Jamie Polan
ReplyDeleteHer joy of knowing that she is in a place where pain does not exist should be your comfort. She will be with you always in your hearts and will guide you along this difficult time. Our prayers are with you at this time.
ReplyDeleteMegan, Kyle, and Tyler, (Rod too)
ReplyDeleteYour Mom was one of the best! I can't believe she is gone.
I was so happy to see her last summer when I came up from my home in Florida to visit my Mom and brothers who live in York. Your Mom and I went to grade school and high school together......and, are there stories to tell?
Maybe, for the right price!!!!
I do know we had a great time, and peanut M&M's and Big Mac's had alot to do with it. Of course, it was ok to eat as we had just had track practice and had already run off the calories.....
I am in shock at your Mom's passing, as we celebrated her cancer free status last summer.
I wish you all the best. She gave you everything she could for you to become the best person you can be.
Now, be the best that you can be. You may falter,but like your Mom, get back up and run again! (With a peanut M&M and Big Mac)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maureen (Mulroy) Kielian
Dear Chronister Kids,
ReplyDeleteI went to high school with your parents, and although I have not seem them in a very long time, it is quite apparent to me from reading these postings that they have earned an A+ as parents. Perhaps that is your mother's lasting legacy....she was obviously a role model Mom.
My sincere sympathy,
Patrick Mahoney
Megan, Kyle, Tyler and Rod...
ReplyDeleteKathi was and will continue to be a role model for all of us! A women of integrity and true grit. What a gifted mom and wife you had for a short time. She has left such a talented legacy in her children!
Tyler, I was touched to my core reading how you put you crucifix under your mom's pillow. Quite a change from the days of teaching you on Sunday mornings in CCD at St. Rose when your mom could barely drag you in to the classroom!
I learned about "DIPPY EGGS" from your mom at our first sleepover when we were 7. She would not eat our scrambled eggs because her mom was the best cook and made her dippy eggs!
She did always have an extremely positive outlook on life... told it like it was... and didn't hold back on the belly laughs.
Thanks for carrying on her intensity and passion for living life to the fullest!
Sally Schlager Lugo