hello Beautiful,
It's us. We're sitting by your hospital bed with you, listening to your every breath. All four of us stayed the night with you last night. The nurses brought in a hospital bed for us, another recliner, and we made beds out of chairs. Not the most comfortable, but we didn't want to leave your side. We talked to Hospice today about what we wanted to do, and we all decided as a family that you would be happier at home. Arrangements were made, and we are taking you home tomorrow afternoon after they deliver all the necessary equipment for home.
You were in a lot of pain this morning when you awoke. We didn't want you suffering, so the nurse gave you your pain medication under your tongue, a type of morphine, around 7:30 am. A little while later, you fell asleep and finally you looked peaceful. You've been in a deep sleep all day, in fact still are at 9pm. The nurses said that the medication shouldn't last that long, and that they think you're on your way home to God. They aren't expecting you to wake up this time, in fact the nurse on duty tonight was surprised that you've held on this long, seeing your condition when she came in at 3pm. I still don't think they understand how strong you are. We do though. You can still see that fight in you, and we know you're trying to hold on for us.
As much as we wish we could hear your voice again, a "hi Sweetie" or an "I love you," we just want to let you know it's okay Mom. We're going to be alright. We have Dad to hold us together...we'll all hold each other together. When you're ready, know we are too. Your comfort right now makes us at peace.
Stay strong Mom, God's gonna take great care of you.
Love you. So much.
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aunt Kathi- we all love you and know we will miss you terribly and we also know that you will be watching over everyone and cracking jokes up with God. You have fought the good fight and continue showing us just how strong you really are. We are praying for you and your family. We will always smile thiking of you.
ReplyDeleteLove you.
Kelly and family
kathi-
ReplyDeleteI came to visit you again tonight, you looked very peaceful which was comforting to see. Keep staying strong. I love you, Karli
Dear Kathi,
ReplyDeleteI loved to make you laugh because you have this contagious laugh that made me laugh, too. Loved to see you laugh. You loved to live and lived to love. I will keep you in my heart always. You didn't know it but, you were my best friend. Thanks for making me laugh when I needed it. You will soon be my invisible best friend, da 't, so please keep me laughing. To Rod, Megan, Kyle, Tyler and family, love you all very much. My back door is always open.
Dear Kathi,
ReplyDeleteI am honestly crying so hard wishing that I could do something and feeling helpless. I know this feeling is a shared one but, it hurts so much. You were my buddy and always made me feel welcomed and at home feeling. I will miss the good old days joking around with you. We never got that beer together on the 13th to celebrate. (day between both our birthdays) that we planned. I don't drink, but I will on the 13th. I will miss you, girl. love you and am still praying for a miracle. Ivan
Mom,
ReplyDeleteI am sitting here watching you gasp for air and it is just tearing me up inside. I wish i could take away all of your pain and make you all better. No matter what the outcome of tonight is i want you to know that i will always love you so much and i will miss you every second of the rest of my life. You have taught me so many life lessons and turned me into the man i am today. I will always have the worlds best mom! i know you will be looking down on us each and every day and blessing us and keeping us safe. i just dont know what i am going to do without you, i am going to miss all of the laughter we shared together and all of the conversations we had every time i had a problem or just needed to talk. My world is going to be shattered for a little bit but i know your strength is inside me and will get me through anything. i pray that sometime i will have half the strength you do. I love you so much mom, you are my everything!
Love,
Kyle
Dear Kathi, Rod, Kyle, Megan & Tyler,
ReplyDeleteI only learned of your condition yesterday. I am so devastated for all of you. I have worked with you off and on for the past 16 years. You were pregnant with Tyler when I started with OVR.
I want you to know that your love & constant devotion to your family will sustain them! I am amazed at the strength and grace your children have displayed during this unbelievably difficult time! It is due to your love and support as well as Rod's that they are capable of getting through the most difficult time of their lives!
May God bless you all! You are all in my prayers!
Dana Baccanti-Hodges
Aunt Kathi,
ReplyDeleteI’m going to miss my Aunt Kathi, you are honestly one of a kind...you were truly like a second mom to me and I’m going to miss you dearly. I know you are going to a much better place. You are the best Godmother anyone could ever ask for. You treated me like I was one of your own and I know you were always there if I ever needed anything. I love you so much and you will always have a warm part of my heart. Goodbye Aunt Kathi, Love you!
Our prayers are with you, Kathi and to your wonderful supportive family.
ReplyDeleteLove
The Esteps
Kathi,
ReplyDeleteI feel like a piece of me has gone right along with you. We've known each other for so long and shared many memories together, ones that I will treasure always!! You fought a good battle and now you will be at peace with the Lord looking down on all of us. Continue to be our "guardian angel". To Rod, Kyle, Megan, and Tyler~words cannot express how sorry we are. You are all truly brave for the strength that you have shown. She felt your compassion and it was a comfort to her to know that you were always there! God bless all of you and know that we are all there for you- anytime-anywhere! Love you!
Aunt Kathi- You have amazed all of us with your battle and fight. We know you still haven't given up because there will always be a fighter in you, but you are in a better place now looking down on all of us and taking care of us. You are such an inspiration to everyone who knows you and and heard about your battle. You have an amazing family and it was incredible to see how everyone pulled together to show their true love for you. Keep looking down on us and know that we will all take care of Uncle Rod, Kyle, Megan, and Tyler. I love you Aunt Kathi and I am proud of you.
ReplyDeleteTo all of you,
ReplyDeleteWe are sorry to hear about this difficult time for you. Know that we are thinking and praying for you all. The Watson's in BG
Kathi-
ReplyDeleteGrowing up in your house was always a good time, from laughing, to dressing up, to eating all your ham and greenbeans. Never a dull moment in the Chronister household. You were like my second mom, always being there when I needed it or just to give me a good laugh. Also, all the great gymnastics trips we took and hearing you yell "Let's go Megan" will be something I'll always remember. You are such an inspiration to everyone. Please be our gaurdian angel, I promise to take care of Rodney (Josephine), Kyle, Megan and Tyler. I'm going to be by Megan's side every step of the way no matter what, that's what Moh's do. I love and miss you Kathi.
Kathi, the time is here where I'm already missing you so much. If never seen a person put up such a fight. Went up to Kelly's house today and first thing out of my mouth was, Kelly, its just you and me now and do we have some big shoes to fill. You know me, I'm not the one to take notice to things, but reading all these comments you were and will always be one terrific sister, never forget that. I will always have 2 sisters, one is always with me by my side in spirit. I will NEVER forget the good times we had. One in particular is the time before Kyle was born, the cheese ball thing, UNREAL, LOL. Thanks sis. I am just so thankful that you were pain free when you left us, that had me really worried.I wasn't there when passed but I am SO GLAD Igot my good-bye in with ya. I really believe that is why I'm so peaceful of your passing.
ReplyDeleteYour family, I don't know where to start. They were SO STRONG thru this whole thing. Kathi, you touched so many lives, maybe someday I can be half of what you were. Don't woryy about Rod and the kids. I know how close you guys were. Times will be tough, but I'm VERY POSITIVE things are going to turn out just the way you thought they would. Kyle, Megan and Tyler have grown so much over these time of your illness they are going to do you PROUD, I really believe that. Rod, with your strength, will hold them tight and together.
I will be talking to ya alot, asking for help on things, I know you will be there. Its just so hard, you not being here. LOVE YOU MUCH, Your Brother, Jim
Kathi,
ReplyDeleteI know you will be making God laugh. I will always remember all the gymanstics meets we went to and you yelling out to Megan "come on Meg you can do it"
To Rod,Kyle, Megan and Tyler, you are in my thoughts and please know we are here for you.
Love, Diane
Kathi,
ReplyDeleteYou are one of the most amazing moms I have ever known. It was a privilege for me to work with all of your children and to have the opportunity to get to know you. Your strength will live on in them forever. Your beautiful smile and contagious laugh will bring such joy to the angels in heaven. I am grateful you are at peace now...you fought a heck of a battle.
To Rod, Kyle, Megan, and Tyler...I just can't tell you how much my heart aches for you all right now. You have been in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. May the wonderful memories that you have and the love that you all share comfort you. You took such good care of Kathi and I know she loved you all with all of her heart. I'm here for you if you need anything.
Love,
Dana James