Monday, June 29, 2009

Hello Beautiful,

Just wanted to write a quick entry to tell you how much I miss you. A lot has happened in the last couple days, had to get a lot together for your services today and tomorrow. Have put a ton of pictures together for you, shared so many stories of your childhood and motherhood, and are all reminded everyday of how important you were to us. Church was very difficult yesterday, not used to being there without you. Hopefully that gets easier as time goes on.

Tonight is your viewing, tomorrow your funeral. Actually have to go to the funeral home around 11 this morning to have some "alone" or family time with you. Kind of nervous, because I don't want to be scared of you or remember how you look in a casket instead of as my mother. But I know you will be there with me, and comforting us all. I know our friends and family will be there for us too...they have all been so supportive and there to listen whenever neede. You'd be pretty happy with them :)

Well Mom, don't miss you any less today. Love you, and I hope you're having a great time up in Heaven.

4 comments:

  1. Maureen Mulroy KielianJune 29, 2009 at 11:01 AM

    Kathi's Family,
    I remember singing this song at St. Rose's with Kathi and classmates during the many masses we attended growing up. After reading your latest post, it came immediately to my mind.
    May it help you today and thru all of the struggles you may encounter.
    "Be Not Afraid"
    Be not afraid.
    I come before you always;
    Come follow me,
    and I will give you rest.
    You shall cross the barren desert, but you shall not die of thirst. You shall wander far in safety though you do not know the way. You shall speak your words in foreign lands and all will understand. You shall see the face of God and live.
    Be not afraid.
    I go before you always;
    Come follow me,
    and I will give you rest.
    If you pass through raging waters in the sea, you shall not drown. If you walk amid the burning flames, you shall not be harmed. If you stand before the pow'r of hell and death is at your side, know that I am with you through it all.
    Be not afraid.
    I go before you always;
    Come follow me,
    and I will give you rest.
    Blessed are your poor, for the kingdom shall be theirs. Blest are you that weep and mourn, for one day you shall laugh. And if wicked men insult and hate you all because of me, blessed, blessed are you!
    Be not afraid.
    I go before you always;
    Come follow me,
    and I will give you rest.

    Prayers for your Mom and her entire famliy are on their way from Florida.

    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://members.cox.net/rss1910/blessing.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can assure all of you that she will never leave your thoughts, everyday, now and in years to come, there will be little signs that she is still with you. This I know for sure as I have walked in your shoes. May God put his loving arms around your family and Kathy's extended family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so comforting seeing so many people tonight at the memorial service. Aunt Kathi you touched so many lives and so many people are going to miss you. I have such a wonderful family I love you all so much and I am so glad we got together afterwards but you know it was just alittle to quite without your laughter. We love you and miss you. Tally Rodney Carter and Lawson

    ReplyDelete